Serving all our Members Needs with our comprehensive service offering.
Becoming a Member with us is very easy, we are just a click away from you
Our Line of Services for Members
Do you find it difficult keeping up to date with the latest health and safety rules and regulations? Legislation is constantly changing and being able to keep a check on new safety requirements can be a headache. That’s where N&D Building Safety Group can help. We ensure that our members are always well informed. Regular site inspections, free safety training and group newsletters as well as our on call advisory service means that N&D Building Safety Group is leading the field. In fact, we have a proven record for ensuring safer practices in the workplace and more and more companies are joining our group as members, to benefit from the many services we provide.
So, how can we help your business.
Our members receive a comprehensive range of services that include:
- – Acting as your appointed competent person
- – Provide regular updates on legislation and industry best practice
- – Review and update existing Health, Safety and Environmental policy documents
- – Provide and review your Health and Safety Policies
- – Review existing method statements and risk assessments
- – Provide help with completing tendering questionnaires
- – Review Training certificates and training matrices often required for tendering purposes.
- – Attendance at site meetings upon request
- – 24 hour telephone support, advice when you need it
- – Routine site monitoring and inspections including a written report for each visit
- – Help and advice on producing risk assessments, COSHH. and method statements
- – S.M.A.S documentation and any other SSIP accredited safety schemes
- – Accident investigation and reporting
- – Safety advice from fully qualified safety professionals
As an independent company, we provide an impartial service and during our regular site inspections will provide a fresh outlook on safety issues. We can spot areas of concern and point out issues that may need attention to comply with regulations. We carry out in-depth inspections with written reports on areas including: scaffolding; ladders and access; excavations and groundworks; lifting appliances; site vehicles; machinery; portable tools; noise; toxic materials; fire precautions; welfare facilities; first aid and site security.
Our commitment to providing top quality training ensures you and your workforce remain well informed of health and safety issues. Our accredited courses cover wide ranging subjects from health and safety awareness, manual handling, risk assessment and vibration awareness to working at heights and abrasive wheels. Courses can be held on site or at a venue of your choice and can be carried out over a day or half a day to suit your requirements. Members of CITB also have the added benefit of being able to claim back grants for training.
Safety Policy – All companies employing more than 5 staff need to be able to produce a written safety policy and N&D Building Safety Group is on hand to provide the advice and guidance needed.
News Update – Members receive regular updates on any safety matters. Our news update carries details of the latest legislation and regulations, information about incidents, court cases of interest as well as forthcoming training courses.
Even with all the best intentions accidents can still happen. Our aim is to help our members raise safety standards so that we can cut the possibilities. Should the unthinkable happen, however, then we will investigate the incident and look at ways of preventing it happening again. In the event of an incident we can also devise solutions, liaise with the Health and Safety Executive on your behalf, reduce possible disruption and ensure that contracts run smoothly.